At Elliott Opticians we are specialists in children’s vision.
We provide a friendly and caring environment for your child. We welcome children of all ages to our practices. It is vital that your child's vision is looked after as 80% of what a child learns is visual, so good eyesight is important. Weak vision needs to be corrected early in life otherwise a child may be left with a permanent ‘lazy eye’.
The following signs may indicate that your child may need to have their eyes examined.
- Problems seeing the TV, blackboard or seeing in the distance.
- An eye which seems to turn in or out, particularly when the child is tired.
- Holding things too close to the face.
- Complaining of headaches.
- Eye rubbing or excessive blinking.
- Poor attention span or memory.
- Avoidance of close work.
- Covering one eye or head tilting when carrying out activities.
- Complaining of double vision.
- Problems reading.
If your child should need glasses, we provide quality and expert advice in picking a suitable frame for your child. Getting the fit right of your child’s glasses is essential to ensure that they are comfortable, happy and getting the benefits of the specs.
A good fit means that the frame sits up on the child’s nose and that the child is not able to look out over the top of the frames. It is also a good idea that the sides of the frames have a strong spring joint.
Materials such as titanium and plastic are strong but keep the frames light as well. It is a good idea to always have a spare pair of up to date glasses as accidents do happen.